I preach and preach and preach to all of my friends that have business website to blog at least weekly. I personally think that to get first page rankings on the search engines you need to blog daily. This is easier said than done. Knowing some of the tips and tricks that we use ourselves just might help you. The hardest part is finding a topic. If you have a business site, you need for your blogs to be mostly business related. If you have a personal site, you have much more flexibility. Below is my list of “go to” topics:
- How should you use social media. ( this topic can be visited often and is ever changing.)
- Latest technology
- How women use social media, and the impact.
- New internet applications I have just found.
- Search Googles blog, and research the new applications and how they work.
- How to keep your blog fresh.
- How to drive traffic to your website.
- Youtube videos on your products or business. ( This actually keeps things light, and fun when you have no idea what to write about.)
- Funny interactive programs like JibJab that make people want to come back.
- WordPress, and WordPress plugins that I love and why.
- Media topics that need more coverage.
- Blog posts versus pages.
- When is free better. Do you really get what you pay for, or is open source the wave of the future.
- What challenges are my potential customers facing. Do I have any advice for them?
- How to built a community.
- How to get parents more involved with their children.
- Animal issues, topics and rescues.
- How to market your events.
- Proper marketing and branding.
- Marketing trends, and trends in social media.
- Write about your business. ( If you have a restaurant you MUST be posting your specials daily.) Such a small thing, with such HUGE returns. )
- How to effectively use visual aids.
- Post Photos
- Best ways to use a business website to grow traffic.
I could go on, and on. I hope this helps you. Take the time, write a few and schedule them to post automatically. That is the true tip of the day.
© 2011, Claws and Paws By Kymber. All rights reserved.